The U.S. Department of Justice
indicates that the number of women in the prison system, on parole, and on
probation has increased steadily in the United States since the 1990s (Glaze,
2010). Furthermore, the number of women offenders has increased at a higher
rate than the number of men offenders. Although there is an increase in women
offenders, their crimes tend to be less violent than those committed by men.
According to studies by the U.S. Department of Justice, violent offenses are
among the least common types of offences committed by women (Glaze, 2010).
For this Discussion, you think about
what may contribute to the increasing number of women offenders. Also, you
consider possible reasons women commit fewer violent offenses than men.
Day 4 an explanation of
three causes contributing to the increasing number of women offenders in the
criminal justice system. Then explain how the increasing number of women
offenders might have an impact on society. Finally, explain one possible reason
women commit fewer violent crimes than men. Support your response with
references to the literature and Learning Resources.
One and a half
page with at least two reference….
is important that you cover all the topics identified in the assignment.
Covering the topic does not mean mentioning the topic BUT presenting an
explanation from the readings.
get maximum points you need to follow the requirements listed for this assignments
1) look at the page limits 2) review and follow APA rules 3)
create SUBHEADINGS to identify the key sections you are presenting and 4)
Free from typographical and sentence construction errors.
Course Text: Investigating Difference: Human and
Cultural Relations in Criminal Justice
11, “Women’s Difference in the Criminal Justice System: Constructions of
Victims, Offenders, and Workers”
Article: Covington, S. S.
(2007). Women and the criminal justice system. Women’s Health Issues, 17(4), 180–182.
Article: Federal Bureau of
Investigation. (n.d.). Crime
statistics. Retrieved December 13, 2011, from http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/crimestats
Article: Flemke, K.
(2009). Triggering rage: Unresolved trauma in women’s lives. Contemporary Family Therapy: An International
Article: National Criminal
Justice Reference Service. (2011). Women
& girls in the criminal justice system—Facts and figures.
Retrieved from http://www.ncjrs.gov/spotlight/wgcjs/facts.html
Article: Spjeldenes, S.,
& Goodkind, S. (2009). Gender differences and offender reentry: A
review of the literature. Journal
of Offender Rehabilitation, 48(4),
Article: Buell, M. (2006).
Improving outcomes for women involved in the criminal justice system. Corrections Today, 68(6), 94–96.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.