. This week, you will be listening to music by Bob Dylan. As you have read this week, Bob Dylan’s music changed the face of popular music in the 1960s, especially in terms of song writing. His music was also often considered protest music. In addition to your etextbook, you should expect to complete some research online to respond to these questions. Be sure to use vetted resources—if you aren’t sure what a reliable source is, remember, you can use the CRAP test to determine if your source is reliable! Resources that might help you: • Untold Dylan. (n.d.). WordPress. • The Bob Dylan Project. (n.d.). Intuitive IT. Instructions: • On the internet or your phone, listen to TWO of the following songs written and performed by Bob Dylan from the list below: o Hard Times in New York Town o Talkin’ John Burch Society Blues o The Ballad of Donald White o Oxford Town o Only a Pawn in Their Game o North Country Blues o The Times they are a-Changing o The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll o Chimes of Freedom o Desolation Row o Blowin’ in the Wind o Ye Playboys and Playgirls MUS 121 – Rhythm Blues and Hip Hop Unit 3 – Bob Dylan – Music as a Cultural Artifact – Guided Listening Assignment • After listening to your TWO selections, answer the following questions in a word document: o Share a brief biography of Bob Dylan? o Examine the lyrics and share the lines of each song which are your favorite and/or made an impression on you. o What are the socio-cultural issues that Dylan is attempting to address in each song? Is he successful in addressing these issues in these songs? o What is the date that the original music was written? What is the date that this original recording was made/released? o The recordings above have Dylan performing these pieces of music. Who else has recorded the two songs you have chosen? Find one YouTube recording of “covers” of each the two songs you have chosen if they are available. If nothing is available, please indicate that as well. o List the instruments you hear in these recordings. Are each of these songs the same or different instrumentation? o What was your favorite thing about the performances/recordings? o What emotions did the performances/recordings make you feel when you heard it? Requirements: • Three to four pages in length, excluding the Reference page. • APA format, including an in-text citation for referenced works. • At least four resources.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.