The projection of the liquidus surface of the ternary system A-B-C is shown in figure. Heavy lines are phase boundaries and dashed lines are the isotherms. (a) Label the primary crystallization areas. (b) Identify invariant points and estimate their temperatures. (c) Show directions of falling temperatures along boundaries inside the ternary and along the edges of the composition triangle. (d) What are the solidus and liquidus temperatures of the alloy designated as T,U,X,W,Y,Z. (e) Trace on the diagram, the crystallization (cooling) paths for alloys X, Y,W,T. (f) Which phases are present in the alloy T when it is kept at 900 C. What are the relative quantities and the compositions of the phases. (g) Which phases will be present in the alloy W at room temperature and what are the relative quantities of these phases? (h) Draw the isothermal sections at 900 C and 1000 C
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.