reply to each stuedent post1-Hello Class and Professor,
The Saying ”
Business ethics should be grounded in deontology more than utilitarianism”, means that doing the right thing is what business ethics should be grounded on, not simply whatever creates the best result and benefit for the majority. BP and the company that wouldn’t hire Adele had business ethics grounded in utilitarianism, meaning they cared more about the shareholders and the bottom line/majority holders in their company then those that would be hurt and polluted by their companies’ actions. The expert proposed the saying above because as humans we are better then just taking care of the strong and making more money, we need to be good stewards of the planet and of those that are disabled and cannot take care of themselves. Although I would love to make a ton of money and do it quickly, I could never do it at the expense of others or the planet. I look forward to reading all of your posts on this matter, thanks for reading my post about this ethics matter.
2-Good evening Professor and class,
Deontology is very important to being ethical. It is the ability to understand right from wrong. On the other hand, utilitarianism is the part of ethics that determines what is right versus wrong is decided based on what the end results will be. This aims to satisfy the greatest number. In regards to a business is usually the shareholders, rather consumers.
In a business, it should be very important for the company to want to do right rather than wrong, but that is not always the case for a multitude of reasons. When running any business, money is the motive.
I feel that this expert proposes this view as deontology is simple to apply. It is innate for us as humans to do or want to do what is right. Following this concept if I were running a business seems as though it would be difficult. As a business owner, you have a lot of responsibility and obligations towards not only yourself, your principles, your consumers, but also your investors. It seems as though oftentimes businesses vision gets clouded green by that of money.
Overall, I disagree with the ethicists idea that a business should be grounded by deontology rather utilitarianism, because as a business owner you have an obligation to more than simply right or wrong.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.