IntroductionWhen it comes to improving the transmission system to meet our nation’s growing electricity demands, companies not only face financial complications but also social complications. The concept of “NIMBY” (Not in My Backyard) has proven to be a strong influencing factor on the advancement of much-needed energy infrastructure updates.Many environmental interest groups or local community committees fight the development of power generation and transmission projects that are in close proximity to their locations, even though these improvements are typically beneficial to all members of the general public.The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has reported that many potential transmission projects have been delayed or cancelled due to regulations and lawsuits imposed by NIMBY-minded adversaries.Not in My Backyard Phenomenon(Links to an external site.). (n.d.). Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved from https://academic-eb-com.vlib.excelsior.edu/levels/collegiate/article/Not-in-My-Backyard-Phenomenon/627286InstructionsResearch the concept of “NIMBY” and discuss the following with regard to the Electric Power Transmission and “NIMBY”.How can NIMBY affect the economy, jobs, and growth? How can NIMBY affect the advancement of the Smart Grid? Has NIMBY affected any energy-related projects in your area? Has it been resolved?Justify your answers with evidence and cite your sources.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.