You are designing the following floor system of a building:Thickness ofslab (h) = 5″26″20′-0′, typicalYou are using the following geometric and material properties for your design:Reference all sections of ACI that you are usingConcrete compressive strength (fc) = 4000 psiYield stress of stirrups and reinforcing bars (fy, fyr) = 60 ksiDiameter of concrete aggregate (dagg) = 3/4″Interior exposureClear span of beam (I,) = 25ftDensity of concrete = 150 pofThe following loads are imposed on your floor system:Dead Load (D), Not including the self weight of the beam = 1 klfLive Load (L) = 2 klfCalculate and determine the following based on the geometric, material, and load properties provided:a) Calculate the flange width for the T-beamb) Calculate the ultimate load on the beam considering self weight of the beam using the dimensionsyou calculated in (a)c) Design the beam for shear using #4 stirrups and assuming one row of #8 longitudinal bars.Indicate the size and spacing of the shear reinforcement required along the length of the beam. Donot design for more than two different spacings along the length (no stirrups does not count as aspacing). Please feel free to use the simplified method of design per ACI.d) Does your stirrup spacing make sense? Pull from class examples.e)Where along the length of the beam can stirrups be eliminated? Provide your answer in terms ofdistance from the support and the beginning and end of the region. If stirrups can never beeliminated, please explain in technical terms with ACI section documentation why they cannot.f) Plot the shear capacity of the beam and shear demand of the beam along the length. Providevalues for locations where the design is critical, and provide a legend for the different lines thatyou are drawing. This should look similar to what we do in class.g) Knowing that the longitudinal tension steel bars are #8 bars, the loading on the beam, and thelength of the beam, can the longitudinal bars be developed?h) Draw a section and elevation of the beam showing size, spacing, and location of reinforcement
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.