This week, you have examined the theory of contemporary leadership and management models focusing on those specific to healthcare leaders. Your research has provided insight into how successful leaders analyze complex issues and make ethical decisions within their diverse organizations.
For this assignment, using your research findings, you will engage in discussion in the Forum found in the SHS Health Administration Forum in the Commons by sharing your synthesis of the contemporary leadership and management models found in your employment setting, interpreting your observation of one or more of these models in use.
In your post and subsequent responses, no organizations and/or individuals are to be identified by name or location. Use fictional names to refer to all entities, i.e., Mr. Leader in Hospital Z.
200-300 words and 3 scholarly sources
DISCUSSSION POST: FROM THE SOURCE
Using your research findings, you will engage in discussion by posting your synthesis of the contemporary leadership and management models found in your employment setting, interpreting your observation of one or more of these models in use. In your post and subsequent responses, no organizations and/or individuals are to be identified by name or location. Use fictional names to refer to all entities, i.e., Mr. Leader in Hospital Z.
Several leadership models exist, but choosing the right model is not always black and white a combination of models may suit an organization’s changing needs. From the beginnings with the Great Man Theory, that assumes leaders are born with certain characteristics that make them leaders to the Trait Theory that strives to Identify certain characteristics of leaders such as, confidence, high energy, creativity, decision-making ability, drive, and emotional intelligence. Then the Contingency and Situational Leadership developed in the 1940’s which says the environment chooses the style of leadership the leader should assume. Then, the Transformational Leader who inspires and coaches others to develop their own skills of leadership. On paper it may be easy to choose a leadership style, but different situations call for different approaches (Dye, 2017).
Within my organization of employment, there has been much struggle in the last few months as the guards have changed. In the past, the organization was led with a combination of transformational leadership and delegation. The staff was engaged, and their opinions respected, and tasks were often delegated to retain accountability. Frequently, staff was coached and inspired to become the future leaders of the organization. The environment and operations were laden with trust and loyalty. However, this has changed in the last few months with the changing of the guards. No longer are staff treated as the future leaders, they are constantly prodded by the autocratic style of leadership. It seems like this style has taken hold due to the chaotic atmosphere that has ensued. The environment s
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.