Reproduced with permission of the copyright owner. Further reproduction prohibited without permission.
Risk management for contracts
Civil Engineering : Magazine of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering; Jan 2008; 16, 1;
ProQuest One Academic
pg. 34Case PT1
Writing a Contract: Use
APA 7th Assignment Template
If A says to B, “I will repair your house,” and B makes no promise in return, there is no agreement. If B says, “I will pay you $1,000,” there is still no agreement. Why? Because it takes two parties to make an agreement. An agreement involves an exchange of promises or goods. A has not yet agreed to accept $1,000 for doing the work. If A says, “I will accept $1,000,” there is an agreement on the price, but is there a contract?
Unless there is agreement on all the essential terms, the law does not recognize the existence of a contract. Is there an agreement on the actual work to be done to repair the house? It may be that A and B know exactly what work is necessary—for example, repairing a leak in the roof. In that event, the actual work to be performed is agreed upon, and there may be a contract.
In a well-written 3-page paper (excluding title and references pages), provide the following:
Suppose you work for Capital Home Improvement, LLC, and a client is interested in having the roof repaired for their house.
· Discuss the elements of a contract (Consideration, Capacity, Offer, and Acceptance).
· Develop an original contract for Capital Roofing. Include the itemized work required for the job and signatures by both parties.
· Include details down to the company name, logo, address, and homeowner’s address.
· Make the contract as complete as possible to address all the essential terms of a legal contract.
Case Assignment Expectations
1. The minimum length requirement for this Module Case Assignment is 3 full pages (excluding Title and Reference pages). Include 3 scholarly sources.
2. Provide an APA-formatted title page. Use
APA 7th Assignment Template
3. Include an introduction, a body using 3 scholarly sources cited to support your work, and a conclusion that aligns with your purpose statement, summarizes each section, and then wraps up into a final thought.
For the Session Long Project, think about a business situation in which you would need to write a contract.
Locate the following article and address the points below in your two-page paper. See
Assignment Expectations for further instructions.
Massey, I. (2008). Risk management for contracts.
Civil Engineering: Magazine of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering, 16(1), 34
· Review and summarize the article (support with a source).
· Provide information that is needed to write a contract (support with sources).
· State how you would apply the information to write a contract.
· Develop a simple 1-page contract within the body of your paper using the elements of contract writing you learned in this module. Try to be as complete and formal as possible. You may write a contract that pertains to the organization where you work.
SLP Assignment Expectat
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.