CONTROVERSY ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONALITY AND PARAPHILIC DISORDERS
Between 10% and 20% of the population experience personality disorders. They are difficult to treat as individuals with personality disorders are less likely to seek help than individuals with other mental health disorders. Treatment can be challenging as they do not see their symptoms as painful to themselves or others.
Paraphilic disorders are far more common in men than in women, and generally quite chronic, lasting at least two years. Treatment of these disorders usually involves both psychotherapeutic and pharmacologic treatments.
In this Assignment, you will explore personality and paraphilic disorders in greater detail. You will research potentially controversial elements of the diagnosis and/or treatment and explain ethical and legal considerations when working with these disorders.
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide on assessing, diagnosing, and treating personality and paraphilic disorders.
· Select a specific personality or paraphilic disorder from the
DSM-5-TR to use for this Assignment.
· Use the Walden Library to investigate your chosen disorder further, including controversial aspects of the disorder, maintaining the therapeutic relationship, and ethical and legal considerations.
In 2–3 pages:
· Explain the controversy that surrounds your selected disorder.
· Explain your professional beliefs about this disorder, supporting your rationale with at least three scholarly references from the literature.
· Explain strategies for maintaining the therapeutic relationship with a patient that may present with this disorder.
· Finally, explain ethical and legal considerations related to this disorder that you need to bring to your practice and why they are important.
Rubric: In 2–3 pages, address the following: • Explain the controversy that surrounds your selected personality or paraphilic disorder. The response includes an accurate and concise explanation of the controversy within the field related to the disorder.
Explain your professional beliefs about your selected disorder, supporting your rationale with at least three scholarly references from the literature. The response includes a thorough and well-organized explanation of the student’s professional beliefs about the disorder. Rationale demonstrates critical thinking and is strongly supported with three scholarly references.
Explain strategies for maintaining the therapeutic relationship with a client that may present with the disorder. The response includes an accurate and concise explanation of strategies for maintaining the therapeutic relationship with a client that may present with the disorder.
Finally, explain ethical and legal considerations related to the disorder that you need to bring to your practice and why they are important. The response includes an accurate and concise explanation of ethical and legal consideration
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.